Thursday, March 13, 2008

#20 You too can You Tube




I'm already a bit of a YouTube expert, having watched a few clips there in the past. Mostly movie trailers and Bryn Terfel singing. So, today, I started by searching for Jane Austen. I found a couple of compilation clips put together by Austen fans with a lot of time on their hands! The best one was called Maneater, which was mostly about the unsuccessful women in Austen's novels. Mary Crawford, Miss Bingley, Lucy Steele, the women who don't get the heroes. I was expecting the song to be by Hall & Oates and it was by someone called Nelly Furtado. I feel I'm showing my age. Then, I searched Wuthering Heights and found the Kate Bush clip from the 70s. Lovely nostalgia trip, which then led me on to a trip through Kate Bush's greatest hits. I can see why you can waste hours on sites like this. My pictures today are of Kate Bush and Jane Austen.

No comments: