Thursday, March 13, 2008

#23 Thank Jane, I've finished!




Well, I thought I'd never get here, but I've finished. I found most of the things interesting because I'd never heard of them before (Del.icio.us, folksonomies) or had heard of them but had no idea what they were (wikis, RSS - still not sure about that one). I've enjoyed blogging, learning how to add pictures especially, and that's helped me to become a book reviewer on our library blog, which is a good way to reinforce the skills learnt here. Library Thing was the most potentially addictive, and discovering biblio.com hasn't helped my credit card debt. I found that I could bring most of the learning exercises back to my favourite subject of the moment, whether that was Dorothy L Sayers or Jane Austen, so that made the whole exercise more inviting. I also found that the best plan was to spend a couple of hours each fortnight on the program as I was able to concentrate better if I worked on it first thing in the morning. So, after a shaky start, I'm very glad I finished, and not just because there's a Borders card with my name on it waiting for me. My final pictures, what should they be? Well, on the left, is a very small picture of some of my bookshelves at home, and on the right, some more of my literary heroines, the Bronte sisters.

2 comments:

Paul said...

Congratulations Brontegirl,

You now know how Pheidippides felt after reaching Athens!!! Or perhaps you feel like the "Divine Jane"?

"It was too pathetic for the feelings of Sophia and myself—we fainted Alternately on a Sofa." Letters.

Congratulations on keeping at it!! The carrot on the end of the stick is heading your way!!

Cheers, Paul.

Webgurl said...

Congrats Lyn!

Love the bookshelf - so neat. Are they in alphabetical order? Non-fic in dewey order?

Cheers, webgurl