Thursday, March 13, 2008

#21 Podcasts, Smodcasts




I've done quite a lot of podcasting already. It's good to know I have actually encountered some of these "things" before I get to them on this program. I mostly listen to extracts from Radio 4 in the UK, radio programs like Open Book and Women's Hour when they interview authors I'm interested in. I've also listened to some Australian podcasts from Radio National & Classic FM. I had a look at podcast.net, and found it was more useful to use their subject headings and browse rather than keyword search. The few searches I tried came up with either lots of useless results or were so specific that I got no result. I found a RSC podcast with Fay Weldon discussing the perils of Shakespeare adaptation, but it wouldn't play. I don't think our firewall would let the program load. We're already using podcasts at ERL. The Eastern FM weekly radio program is podcast through our website. I think it would be great if we could podcast author talks in the future. Another way to promote our services. My pictures today are the best looking portrait of Shakespeare (whether or not it's really him), and the best version of Macbeth with ian McKellan & Judi Dench.

No comments: